Thursday, December 25, 2008

Crazy Week

We are all having a joyful week of Christmas with a little craziness thrown in. Half the family needed to go to the Dr. for a virus turned ugly to get some antibiotics. While I was getting the meds for Carter on Tuesday, I unexplainedly passed out at the pharmacy. Fortunately, I was not hurt, pharmacy techs are pretty good at taking care of people and my mom was able to come rescue me. I was thinking that this wasn't too uncommon for someone who is pregnant, I know I've heard of it happening before. But, my doctor told me that I needed to go to the hospital to get checked out. We were expecting a fairly short trip just to make sure all my vitals were good but, then I blacked out again while they were getting me checked in. Soooo... they ran all kinds of tests, almost made me spend the night and then determined that I could spend Christmas at home as long as I stayed on bed rest. I really hope this is temporary! I am NOT good at sitting still. Of course I want to do what is best for my baby's health too. So far, all tests are normal and the baby looks healthy. The only concern they had was that my blood pressure was really low but, did improve by the end of the day. Next week I'll see my Dr. again and see what she says.


Meanwhile, we've had a blessed Christmas here at home. These pictures were taken before all the shenanigans.
Carter and Liam running away from the camera.
All dressed up for Church. Thanks Grandma for the cute outfits.

Hanging out with our favorite puppy (as long as he stays away from that tree)
Working on our gingerbread creations with friends.
Carter and Will got pretty creative. Carter wanted his to be a museum with the inside all decorated, an elevator, and four floors. The Graham crackers collapsed after two so, we ended up with this.

We're not ready to enter any competitions but still enjoyed our yummy mess!

2 comments:

J D C and N said...

Gosh Emily! Sounds like you had kind of a crazy holiday too! I hope you are doing well and everything goes okay- and no more fainting. Glad you were able to spend Christmas home with your family. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Emily! I hope you know I can watch your kiddos anytime you aren't feeling well or just need a nap or something! That is really scary to black out like that. I remember getting like that being pregnant but I never actually passed out. Please let us help if you need anything!!!!!!!!!!!!
jess