While most were fleeing the Gulf Coast due to approaching hurricane Gustav, we headed right for the drama to spend the weekend in Crystal Beach. I've never been so interested in the path of a hurricane in my entire life. It seemed like we checked the forcast hourly. But, luck was with us and we ended up having an amazing weekend with absolutely no weather problems whatsoever. In fact, it couldn't have been more perfect. Ok, maybe Kasia could have done without finding that cockroach. But, the water was warm, the beaches weren't crowded (only crazies like us were there), we had great company, and a great place to stay. Here's a little picture of our beloved beach house "Jubilee".
We had lots of ideas we'd researched of places to go and things to do. But, conditions were so perfect that we ended spending most of our time right here on the beach.
I've never before seen four kids play so well together for so long with absolutely no whining. I loved seeing them enjoy being outside so much. Usually my kids spend only a half hour in the backyard before getting restless. Maybe if we had a beach back there things would be different.
We did make them come inside a few times. They're lined up here ready to lauch their balloon powered rockets.
This was taken in hopes of being our Christmas card picture but, I don't think Carter's expression makes the cut. Below is the fun family we shared our beach house with. In Brett's defense, the sun was pretty bright.
And, finally, the red snapper who gave his all so we could have a fabulous Sunday dinner. Kasia, that recipe was awsome.
Crystal Beach has found a place in our hearts and we hope to return soon.
6 comments:
I'm jealous, all I got to do was go to the BYU game in Seattle.
I'm so glad you had a great time. The beach house is adorable!
It's so good to get away from home once in awhile, isn't it?
Love you guys!
Mom Stentzel
We were looking at your blog and Maisy sighed and said "I love Carter." Pretty cute. It really was a fabulous time ;D
Glad you guys got to go- it looks like it was tons of fun!
How fun! We will have to get some info from you guys so we can check it out next summer.
And
I tag you!
See my blog for the rules. :)
glad you survived.
i've finally got around to updating my links on my blog and now you're there...woohoo!
Post a Comment