Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A season of change

Just when you think everything's going well and you're feeling comfortable and stable, life throws you a curve ball. This month we've experienced just that. First, Chad was laid off of work without warning. Now, a few weeks later he's recieved a job offer that would require moving. And during the middle of it all I turned thirty. My friends threw me not one, but two parties. The first being a fabulous brunch and the second being a Strawberry Shortcake suprise party. Man was I suprised. Chad planned for a long time to pull that one off. What a sneaky guy! This brings me to my biggest question. How can we leave this! We have such good friends and my parents live just twenty minutes away. What's a girl to do!?! I use to think that by the time I was 30, I'd have life figured out. Boy was I wrong!

7 comments:

elise said...

wow, what a lot of changes... where would you be moving to? for what kind of work? and i LOVE the cake! good luck

S & C said...

Noooo! Don't go. Of course I'm so glad that Chad was offered a job and I'm sure you'll be blessed wherever you go. I only wish you were staying here. :-)

When will the changes take place?

By the way! Chad did do a great job with the surprise party. It was so much fun.

Jen said...

Awesome cake!! And I have pretty much decided that no matter how old we get, we will never have it all figured out. Bummer. I guess life is just like that. Love you!

katharine said...

happy birthday! i hope you have an easier time being 30 than i have :) hit me really hard. i'm hoping 31 will be better.

is chad going to take the job? good luck in this difficult time. i'm with you all the way!

-Laura- said...

Happy birthday! Love, love, love the Strawberry Shortcake party. :)

So sorry to hear about the job loss, but I'm sure things will work out if you take the new one. Hang in there!

trevandcherribrooks said...

Chad, This is Trevor Brooks. I was reading your blog and got a little concerned about your life adventures. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Mrs. Pyne said...

holy cow! What a cake! Kudos to your friend! Glad you had a good b-day even if I did keep calling to rub it in. :)