Friday, November 13, 2009

San Antonio here we come

I just disassembled a 15 ft trampoline and removed a very large Christmas tree from the attic all by myself. I'm very impressed with me right now. Of course, my house is a wreck and the dishes haven't been done in over 24 hours, so most of you still have me beat.

Chad's already down in SanAntonio working. We've found a house down there but won't move in till December. Meanwhile, I have till next Friday to pack this one up. I am an emotional monster right now. Every little thing can make me tear up. I saw a truck out in a field while getting Carter from school and almost started crying. I know, lame. But, there are just so many little things I'm going to miss about this place.

Funny thing is though, most of my tears are tears of joy. I feel like we are being watched over by an army of angels right now. See, there I go... crying again. We sold our house in one day. We found a new one the first day out looking. Everything is working so smoothly. While I'm here alone, trying to get things ready to go, I've been able to accomplish things I had no idea I could do. For example, we needed to do some sprinkler repair as part of the inspection results. Chad's always handled the sprinklers before and I was happy letting him do it. But he is gone and won't be coming back until midnight the day before we move. So, it was all up to me...and some very fervent praying. Through the entire process, I'd have thoughts come to my mind such as dig here, put the glue there, etc. And by the time I was done, I had successfully repaired five leaks. The sprinklers have never worked so well (no offense Chad). And then, when I was done, looking out at my pot hole ridden yard, I said a little prayer to help me find sod to patch it up. Let me tell you, finding sod in November is a challenge. It's not exactly in season. But, as soon as the prayer was said, an image of this little, tiny, out of the way nursery I noticed once, came to my mind. I drove to that nursery the next day, and I'm sure you already know what I'm about to say, they had sod. The guy that helped me told me that my timing was perfect because they had just gotten it in 20 minutes before and he expected it to be gone within a couple of hours and it might be weeks before they had any more.

It's ridiculous, I know. I don't know why we're being helped so much, but we are. I guess, we're really, really supposed to go to San Antonio. I don't exactly know what awaits us there. But, suprisingly, I don't even care. Because I now know one thing for sure. Heavenly Father is watching out for us, He has a plan for us, and He knows what He is doing.

He even knows where to buy sod in November.

5 comments:

Siouxsie said...

I will confess that I'm tearing up with you because I feel the same way about our lives lately. Even though Rob got to keep his job, we ended up with a serious pay drop. Just as we were reaching the end of our savings, his hours have flown through the roof and is likely to stay this way for a long time. It is really amazing how much the Lord watches out for us. I'm so glad you've been able to feel it. And I just loved the way your post was written. Delightful!

katharine said...

wow! what a neat experience. it sounds pretty stressful right now, but so worth it when you know whose hands you are in. good luck with everything, i wish i could help!

elise said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts, i needed to hear that right now :) you're incredible!!!

becki said...

you definitely have the faith of a giant!
PLEASE call me if you need anything-richard knows all about sprinkers! :)
i'll miss you tons.

S & C said...

I'm so glad everything is working out for you and that you're seeing the hand of the Lord in all that is taking place. We're sure going to miss you and your family but we know that you're going where you need to go. Thanks for sharing such sweet experiences.