Monday, October 20, 2008

Fishy Tale

Saturday was jam packed for us. I ran my booth at trade days with the excellent help of my cute boys and then went straight from there to our Elementary School's Fall Festival. This was my kids first experience at a fall festival and they had a fabulous time spending their tickets on the games, bounce houses, and cup cakes. The hightlight of the night had to be the fishbowl. An innocent little game where you tossed a ball into a fish bowl to get a prize. Much to their excitment, the prize turned out to be a live goldfish. They both won one (the judges were pretty lenient, I think worried about going home with fish themselves). I knew Carter would be ecstatic because he's wanted a fish for about three years. Seriously, every time we passed a pet store or even made a trip to walmart, he wanted to go look at the fish. The one that took me by suprise however, was Liam. I've never seen a two-year-old more excited. He wouldn't even let us help him carry that bag. I wish I had a picture of him with it. Alas, following the fall festival, we took a detour to walmart and bought a fish tank. I admit, I was pretty worried at first, but now I'm glad we did. They adore their fish. Carter has named his Freddy. Also, I was initially wondering if putting the tank in their room would keep them up at night, but it has seemed to have the opposite effect on Liam. Before, he was taking a half hour or more to settle down at night but, the past two evenings, he was out in 5 minutes. We love our little fish and hope they love their new home.

6 comments:

Garry S said...

What lucky boys to each have their own fish. Freddy & Six are great names. Hope you boys take good care of them and don't forget to feed them. I'll be excited to see them the next time Grandma and I come to visit

Garry S said...

AWESOME! The fish tank is adorable and the boys are so LUCKY!
(The fish too).
Have Fun.
Love,
Grandma S.

Jen said...

You are such a good momma. Remind your boys that anytime they get out of line...

J D C and N said...

Cute fish! We went to our fall festival a few weeks ago and a little girl asked if Noah wanted a fish because she wasn't allowed to keep hers...I said he was too little! Luckily he really is too little to complain. :) I really have become the anti-pet mom...my excuse is I already am taking care of two little monkeys.

The Gibbons said...

Welcome to the fish as pets world. Kids for some reason really love those things. Tessa still can't pass our tank without making the fish noise with her mouth. Just watch out or your small tank will turn into a 60 gallon tank and the never-ending fish supply... :)But we love it!

4sweetboys1princess said...

You're a cool mom, I steered my kids right past that game! A dog is enough for this house.