Some days you've got it. You're a powerful woman who can do anything she sets her mind to. Others...you just don't. This morning was one of those later ones. Last night as I reviewed our plans for today I mentally made the following schedule.
6:30 wake and say morning prayers
6:35 dress for working out
6:40 pack car with essentials for the day
6:50 wake beautiful children in a sweet voice
6:55 dress children in cute outfits
7:00 feed children nutritious, whole-grain cereal and berries
7:15 leave with happy children in tow to work-out
7:30 swim 50 or so vigorous laps
8:30 complete the P90-x ab routine
9:00 shower and dress myself in cute outfit
9:30 feed baby
10:00 drive to the Library
10:00 let my children engage in enriching Library programs
11:30 drive home with lots of great reading material in our baskets
12:00 prepare a yummy lunch
Sounds pretty good doesn't it!
Well, here's how this morning really turned out
7:15 wake very groggily to a crying baby who did not sleep well last night
7:16 feed baby while realizing there's no way I can make it to work out
7:20 call work out partner to let her know I'm a slacker while three year-old screams because he didn't wake up early enough to eat breakfast with daddy.
7:30 kids are now all awake and whining from hunger
7:35 throw them a box of poptarts
7:40 go back to bed
9:00 wake back up because baby wants to eat again - there's a reason he's so chunky
9:05 notice the house became a disaster while I slept
9:30 ignore the disaster and decide to check my email instead
9:45 get distracted by a cute blog discovery
10:00 realize that while blogging, the baby plastered my pants with poo
10:05 fight off kids begging to watch TV while I dig through the dryer for new pants
10:10 bathe baby *see 10:00
10:20 send kids into the backyard with some bubbles *they are only half dressed but at least it's the backyard
10:30 discover that the poo also plastered the carpet
10:35 clean carpet
10:50 why is there Poo on the Bathroom Rug!?!?!
11:00 find dirty boys in the baby's crib
11:05 reattach several screws on the crib because dirty boys like to dismantle things
11:15 relent and let the dirty boys watch TV
11:30 I think the baby wants to eat again!!! give him a pacifier and put him in the swing instead
11:45 ok, fine, I'll feed you
12:00 no one's dressed, I haven't showered, worked out or ready my scriptures. The boys are still in their pj's covered in a bubble, sand mixture and watching TV. The house is a disaster and all we've eaten so far is pop tarts. Cool.
Here's to a great afternoon!
1 day ago
8 comments:
you're awesone!
I love this post! making it to 11:00 w/o tv is awesome! And at least your kids let you go back to sleep for a bit. :) Thanks for the laugh. We missed you last night. :)
So true, cute post! I'm envying you getting to go back to bed though!
Sounds like a productive day to me! You're too funny Emily! Don't worry, we have LOTS of days like that, and I still only have two kiddos. :) Hope you got a nap and some chocolate!
Thanks for a good laugh! The part where you threw the pop tarts at them struck me as super hilarious. Oh...the life of a mom with young kids. I so know how you feel. I've given up planning my days with more than a vague idea of what to do. That way I can achieve my goal of showering and feel accomplished. I often set a goal to dress the children too. Hehe.
It's good to know I'm not the only one with high hopes for the day only do find I do what it takes to survive. :-)
Here's hoping for better days and laughter when it doesn't work out.
Cindy
too true! I have a letter that describes a day like that ten years ago. It will be a treasure to you some day! It's always good for a laugh - and to compare on bad days.
:)
Thanks for the laugh. Hope you are having a better day!
Post a Comment