Sunday, June 7, 2009

A day like no other

Today was one of those days that you can hardly take it all in - in a good way. I got to sit back and relax while Chad blessed our little Easton. Both of my guys did a great job. I wish I could remember every thing said in the blessing, but I'm positive it was good stuff. He's such a sweet little guy and has brought such a special spirit into our home. I seriously feel like being his mother has already inspired me to be a better person. I just know he's destined for great things and want to do all I can to help him get there. Aren't babies powerful examples even though they do so little. They're so fresh from living with our Heavenly Father that it's like his love radiates from them. I felt so much joy today and know that we are deeply loved to be given such a precious little boy.


As always, I took lots of pictures and want to show them off.

The man of the hour
Great Job Chad!
Chad's parents came all the way from Idaho to be here today!
My parents drove a whole 20 minutes, give or take a few. We still loved having them!
Just our clan
Easton shared his special day with another sweet baby and three baptisms. Our sacrament meeting was so blessed.
After church, we devoured a lovely lunch and dined on this cake I made in honor of today. It was my first attempt to work with fondant. Lots of fun!
Thanks everyone for sharing our day with us. We wish everyone could have been here but are just glad to have you in our lives.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

What a darling chubby boy! You are so lucky to have such cute boys! Also, could you leave me your email address so I can send you an invite to my private blog? You said you wanted an invite, but I don't have your email! Thanks!

Mrs. Pyne said...

Easton is so cute!!! Can't wait to meet him this Thanksgiving! Also- awesome cake Emily! And you look great!!! Your whole family is adorable- am I allowed to say that when including Chad?? :)

Have a great day!
love ya- Bekah

Sarah said...

Yeah! That's so exciting. Easton looks so cute and I miss you guys.

Lauralee Lester said...

We would have driven much further, but it seemed such a waste of time. :-) We love all of you very, very much, and Easton is every bit as cute as Carter and Liam!

Unknown said...

Blessings are very special days--for sure ;D You guys did great!