Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bye Bye Binkie

Liam's true love has been sadly severed from his cute little self. I've been wanting to permanantly loose the bink ever since he said his first word but didn't have the strength. He was just too darned attached. How could I resist his pleading. Alas, yesterday while sitting and waiting, and waiting, and waiting at the Social Security office (details would take up a whole post in and of themselves), Liam chewed the tip of his binky right off. I grasped the opportunity and said oh no, binky's broken, no more binkies. YES! I thought, I don't have to be the bad guy, he broke it, he can't blame me. So, as soon as we got home I secretly "broke" all of his binkies. I felt a little devious.
So far it's gone better than expected. We had one terribly sad sob session yesterday but today, he's a new man. I'm so proud of my binkyless boy.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is one seriously sad looking bink. Hope it continues to go well. Genius idea by the way.

-Laura- said...

That is hilarious! Pure genius though. Too bad my 2-year-old is a thumb sucker.

Emily said...

I finally got rid of the bink when Josh was 19 months old. It can be hard, but cold turkey is the way to go!!

elise said...

i've been trying to get afton off her bink too, she's got four, and three of them have serious cracks/bites. my cousin said that's the same thing that worked for her boy, so i thought i'd just try that too... now we've got a baby and the baby has binks too... now i'm not sure what to do! good luck to us all!