Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cake, cake, and more cake

Friday was consumed by the creation of the above. Delaine was commisioned to create her for the Birthday party of a sweet lady in our ward who turned 90. She asked me to help with the decoration. I was really excited to help cause I love cakes. I love to eat them, I love the way they cheer everyone up, and I usually love decorating them. But, cakes can be tempermental and we definately had our share of mishaps with this one. Fortunately, a thick layer of frosting can cure a lot and we finished just in the nick of time.

4 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Emily, That cake was gorgeous, and delicious. No one could tell anything was amiss. Apparently there is a good story that needs to be told. :) And by the way it was delicious. Oh did I say that already? and the frosting was literally the frosting on the cake. WOW and YUM!!!
Time well spent.

Jen said...

Amazing!!! I love the white, brown, and green. You have much to teach me, as always!

4sweetboys1princess said...

Love the color choices on the cake!

katharine said...

beautiful! very classy design and hip colors. and i bet it tasted just as good!