We have had the most perfectest, beautifuliest, springiest weather for my son's first spring break ever. Yes, I know those aren't real words, but they seemed to be the right ones. It's been sunny and in the 70's all week long. I'm being induced to have this baby TOMORROW! and thus needed some fun activities to take my mind off of the discomfort. Plus, two little boys in one little house for seven days straight seemed like a disaster waiting to happen. We filled up the week with ease and had a blast. I wish Chad had been able to take some time off of work to enjoy it with us...hopefully next year.
The first day we went to the zoo with Grandma. I forgot my camera again and thus don't have any great pictures but, she does so maybe I can snag some from her. It was crowded but perfect weather and we saw lots of beautiful animals. Liam's favorite were the monkeys and Carter loved the giraffes (a man after my own heart).
The next day was filled with a playgroup outing to the park and then an Evening performance of Disney on Ice. Thanks again to the 3 peas in a pod blog for the free tickets. We had fabulous seats and my boys were enthralled!

It was a little Chilly in the American Airlines Center due to the ice, but my boys still didn't want to pass up a chance for a snow cone!
We got to see lots of favorite characters from Disney Films
But, everyone agreed, our favorite act was Peter Pan.
What a fun evening!
But, wait, I'm not finished. Nope, we had even more going on this week. Thursday we had friends over all day and made rock candy suckers and Lemon Easter cookies and then Friday we ventured out to one of my favoritest places around. The Dallas Arboretum. It was gorgeous as always. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and have created a storybook village for us to explore. Scattered around the park were "play houses" from classic children's books.



The arboretum is full of amazing picture spots everywhere you turn. We always see tons of professional photographers there.


Liam is not much of one for pictures these days.

Carter, on the
other hand, will pose without me asking.

On Saturday, Chad was home with us so what did we do...basketball, basketball, and a little more basketball. It's March Madness baby, and we have brackets to cheer for. My next post will undoubtedly be full of baby boy. I can't believe he's almost here.
Wish me luck!
2 comments:
fun! let me know the next time you head to the zoo and we'll come with you, we go often. we're actually getting ready to go to the arboretum tomorrow too. congrats in advance for baby, tomorrow is paul's brother's birthday, so it's a good day :)
CONGRATS ON EASTON CHAD STENTZEL!!!! Mom left a message while we were at dance that he had made his arrival. I'm so excited for you!!! I wish you luck on recovery though- not so fun. Talk to you soon! Love, bekah
Post a Comment