Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberry Jam

Last week I found these for a stinkin awesome price! (I think they may have been Mother's Day leftovers)


We bought five pints!  I only put three in my basket at first (enough for a batch of freezer jam).  But Liam's big eyes and his love of Strawberries had me reaching for more.

When Liam likes something, he REALLY likes it.  And he likes to eat Strawberries two at a time.

If you've never tasted Strawberry Freezer jam before, you MUST get your hands on some.  It is my all-time favorite topping and actually really easy to make.  You just need a package of Pectin. (grocery stores and Wal Mart mostly all carry it this time of year).

Some suger or other sweetener. ( I used part white sugar and part Splenda.)
Some containers to put it in. (lots of options there but, these are currently my favorite - that's bound to change)

And of course, we can't forget the strawberries, washed and hulled.

Then after some smashing and a little boiling water (exact recipe is in the Pectin box)  All you do is freeze or refrigerate.

Now you can have a little taste of summer all year round!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Liam eating two at a time!