Thursday, February 26, 2009

Field Trip

I have such fun memories from my field tripping days. Thus, when I found out that Carter's school was headed to the science museum for a day of discovery, I had to tag along. His teacher took pitty on my growing stomach and gave be the best behaved kids in his class to chaperone. They were perfect.

First stop was to an IMAX performance on cave exploration. Carter has found his calling (at least for the week). He's been caught "rock climbing" his bunk beds lately. Next we explored some fun exhibits and made giant bubbles.
Anyone recognized this lady?


We sat on the front row during the "Electric Show" and got some hands on participation.

The following Saturday, Chad was gone at youth conference all day and I had to find a project for my kids before the fighting turned ugly. One of the displays gave the kids a chance to build with toothpicks and marshmallows. Carter didn't quite get his fill in the short time we had there so he begged me to buy some marshmallows at Walmart. I think we just might have a future architect in the making.

Liam, on the other hand practiced skewering the marshmallows and popping them into his mouth as fast as he could.

When you've got eyes like these, you get away with a lot.

4 comments:

elise said...

i'm very impressed with carter's architecture! love the marshmellows!

Lauralee Lester said...

Wow! What was Carter building? It looks very cool. Grandpa liked Liam's method. :-)

Unknown said...

We just went there over Christmas and had a lot of fun ;D Glad you guys did too

J D C and N said...

Looks like so much fun! And that marshmallow tower of Carter's is awesome!!