A few weeks ago I realized that in a very short time I'd be having guests staying in my house. Quickly my mind filled with all my home projects not yet tackled. Guests are the biggest motivation I know for getting my projects done around the house. I knew I couldn't do it all. Wished I had a magic wand to transform my space. But did at least delve into some painting projects to help out the main areas that our guests would be using. Here's the upstairs bath before
and after
I was hoping I could post how easy and quick this transformation was, but I've got to be honest, painting those cabinets was a big fat pain in the toushie. The first primer I bought did not work at all! It ended up actually being worse than if I'd skip the primer all together. It litterally could be scrapped off with my finger nail. I kept thinking that just one more coat would fix it, but finally had to face reality and sand it all down and start over. The second primer, fortunately did it's job. The rest went pretty smoothly and I'm still glad I did it despite the frustration. I'm just glad that I started with this bathroom instead of my kitchen cabinets. Hopefully, I'll know what I'm doing by the time I tackle those.
My favorite part (although Chad does not agree) are the polkadot knobs.
I found them at Hobby Lobby during a 1/2 off sale. I LOVE that store!
My next project was to tackle Carter's room. We still haven't gotten him a bed or a dresser, but it still was the best place to put our guests (sorry about that air matress Kasia and Brett). Previously, all of Carter's belongings were pretty much piled around the room. I didn't want to hang anything untill I had painted. So, I figured, I could at least get the painting out of the way to clear some of the clutter. Here's a before picture.
And now it looks like this.I've got another guest coming in a few weeks. Wonder what I'm going to get myself into next?
5 comments:
Love it!! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the rest of the house. Carter's room looks awesome!
I think you've made me think it's time to redo my kids bathroom, maybe this summer. It looks lovely, as always.
The painting was even more gorgeous in person, Emily! Great job. And thank you a million times again, for letting us come stay with you ;D It was so fun reconnecting with you guys! We miss you guys already--again.
ps--Ace actually did not have a virus. I happen to get a good look into his mouth when we got home and he had his two molers coming in. The rash on his mouth and face was from the teeth coming in as well. He has experienced that symptom before. Crazy!
ok, i LOVE the dots on the handles! so cute and so YOU!
can't wait to see it in person in june! :) tee hee. we'll be staying at the military base, but would LOVE to see you.
apparently i haven't checked blogs in forever! I love the renovations. Its fun to see what we were talking about on the phone! What primer did you end of using? In case I ever do my front door. :) hee hee
Post a Comment