Friday, March 26, 2010

A stich in time

I have a confession.  I like stiching.  An odd little hobby of mine that started innocently enough during a visit to Chad's sister's house.  I was hooked instantaniously.  I convinced myself that it was a relaxing way to spend my time while watching General Conference twice a year.  But, since then it has gotten a little out of control.  I mean, an occasional stiched pillow is one thing.  But one probably shouldn't wallpaper their walls with it. 

Let's just take Easter for instance.  Here you have a bunny.



































Sure he's cute, but wait till you meet his brother
Yep, same bunny.  But that's not all, I've got the carrots too!
I haven't even framed these yet, because seriously, where am I going to put the carrots.

Don't think I'm finished yet either because I also have the Easter eggs.


and lest we forget about the pillow

Told you it was out of control.  So I've come to the conclusion that either

a.  I need a new hobby
b.  I need a new place for these sticheries to go because they can't all stay here
c.  at the very least I need some new patterns so I stop stiching the same things over and over and over.

I'm a little embarrased to think of all the hours I've spent working on these.  I have sold some in the past, but they're not worth enough to make more than pennies an hour off of them.  Oh well, we all have our vices and I'm not sure I'm ready to give this one up yet.  Because seriously, that bunny was cute!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Don't feel bad....I love stitching too!!! They're just so cute you can't resist!

Mrs. Pyne said...

We love our bunny! Glad he has a brother at your home as well. :)