We sure were fortunate this spring break. Our house was filled with visitors and our days were spent all over the city. Too much happened to fit it all in one post so I'll start at the begining. 
Since visiting the River walk as a little girl, I remember hearing about the San Antonio River being dyed green on Saint Patricks Day. I always wondered how they did it. I had imagined a convoluded process involving heavy machinery. So, when I heard there was a Saint Patricks Day parade where I could watch the process in person, I was all for going.
We waited, and waited, and waited for the parade to come to our little section of the River Walk.
The boys got a little restless.
But were pretty good sports all things considered. They, afterall did not share in my intense anticipation to solve the green dye mystery.
We cheered as the first float finally came along.
A little underwhelmed at the decor and number of the floats (only 6 of them).
This one was my favorite because of the obvious cute factor.
And finally...my question was answered!
The San Antonio River is dyed green by little Leprecauns who squirt a magical green dye into the River that quickly spreads to cover the entire body of water.
No kidding!
And there you have it...a green river!
0 comments:
Post a Comment