Easter at our house this year was everything Easter should be. We got to spend it with family enjoying some traditions both new and old. We were especially fortunate this year because Easter fell on General Conference weekend. Those two weekends every year are my favorite. What other time of year do I get to sit around and watch TV for eight hours and come away feeling rejuvenated and empowered. Normally if I did that I'd either feel like a serious slob or else be seriously sick. This year was no exception. The sessions we witness left me prompted to strive to be the best person I can become. I've been feeling lately that while my kids are still young, they are growing up faster than I expected. My years with them at an impressionable age are definately short. And since I only get one shot at their childhood, I better make it the best experience for them that I can. In a different state of mind, this task would overwhelm me, but like I said, I've been feeling empowered. So, here's to being great moms and blog posts with great ideas of how to become them!
Anyways, back to my post, not trying to intimate that this will help you become a better mom because well, I'm just not that inspirational. But, Easter was great, we dyed some traditional eggs and did our traditional FHE lesson with the little plastic eggs with the symbols of the Atonement in them.
The Easter bunny left some goodies.
I'm grateful for Easter because I love those pretty pastel eggs and fluffy bunnies. But, more importantly, I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I am deeply grateful for his tremendous sacrifice. I'm kind of tearing up here just thinking about it. But, I do believe that through our faith in Christ and our obedience to the commandments, we can be forgiven of our transgressions. We can be made clean again so we can be worthy to join our eternal Father and the rest of our loved ones in Heaven. This, to me, is the greatest gift, the reason for our existence and the balm for a troubled soul. And sometimes, my soul is deeply troubled, aren't we all.
4 comments:
Easter's the best! I was beginning to think Chad-Dawg-G moved out or something since I haven't seen him in any photos for good year or so. Tell Chad I've got a secret-punch with his name on it.
I love your Easter table. And cute pictures! Can't wait to see you next week!
gosh...that makes me miss you! Glad you had a great Easter!
I'm glad your easter egg hunt was a success despite your fire ants! Your table is super cute!
Post a Comment