Monday, April 5, 2010

We miss you Keri

Last Week I got an unexpected visit from my sweet cousin Keri.  We were talking on the phone and I told her and her sisters that they should come visit me.  She happened to be in the middle of a break from school and said that now was actually perfect.    I did a happy dance right then and there.  Her dad works for South West and thus can get family free standby tickets.  Less than 24 hours later, I was picking Keri up from the airport.  We had so much fun together.  Even though there is 12 years age difference between us, I feel that we have a lot in common.  She was a guest from heaven.  Seriously, it was almost like having two moms around.  She was constantly helping me with the kids, holding Easton, and playing with them when I was busy.  She'd stay with them in the car when I need to run into the store for a quick item.  And, she even helped me cook!  This girl, while only 18 is an amazing cook!  Her mom has her and her sisters cook one night a week, every week.  They've been doing this for years.  I'm sure in the beginning, some of the meals were interesting, but it has definately paid off.  We were discussing recipes and some of hers sounded sooo yummy.  She said she email me some.  REALLy, do you know another 18 year old that emails recipes!?

We had so much fun while she was here.  We had a picnic at the San Antonio Temple.
It was a beautiful spring day and the flowers were out.  So pretty!
Next to the temple is a Great Harvest Bread where we tried the samples and went home with a loaf of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip.  And next to that is an LDS bookstore.  Keri helped me pick out a couple of CDs.  Since she's from Utah, she's heard who the good ones are. 

The next Day we headed to the River Walk.


We took a little River Boat tour.  The kids LOVED that!

We remembered the Alamo!


We played Easter bunny (at 1:00 in the morning), watched movies, went shopping, made scrabble tile necklaces, made a super yummy Lemon Truffle cake and talked about her boys.
Keri also cut and colored my hair!  She's going to cosmotology school right now and is learning some very enviable skills.  It turned out a little shorter than we both were planning on (hey she's only half way through school). But I still think she did a good job.
I miss her already!  Everyone needs a Keri to come visit them once in a while.

5 comments:

Lauralee Lester said...

It looks like you had a great time, and San Antonio did not look NEARLY as crowded as it was during Spring Break! Glad Keri got to come.

DeLaine Broderick said...

Sounds fun! You have the party house now! I really like your hair. I think it looks really cute. Oh and I love your van!
Your life seems to be full of all kinds of fun and exciting stuff!

DeLaine

Jen said...

Again, making me miss San Antonio! Love your new hair cut! Very hip.

Mrs. Pyne said...

I love the hair Em! Plus, hair grows- i know since i'm constantly cutting mine. :) Though I'm supposedly growing it out. :) Looks like you and Keri had a terrific time!

Unknown said...

I love your haircut!! And how fun to see pictures of your cousin too ;D