Carter recently started taking Karate at the Academy for the Martial Arts and he couldn't be more excited about it. He'd been begging me to take it for a while so he could hone his spy skills (that is his current career of choice). So, a few weeks ago, I signed him up.
He's learning some mad skills and I've been picking up on some self defense. I now know how to break a choke hold in three different positions. I practiced one of them on Chad but he said I hurt his arm so he won't be my dumby anymore.
Check out that kick/karate kid pose!
Today was Board Breaking day. At Carter's age they break it with a kick, but the older kids learn to use their hands. How awesome is that! All the kids were first given instruction and shown what part of the foot to use, etc. Next they practiced for a while on some pads. Then, out came the boards. Carter is the newest member of his class and almost the smallest so I was a little worried for him. But that kid broke it in one awesome kick! Only a couple others in his class managed that. He was positively beaming!!!
I'm so excited about the new found confidence that Carter is gaining. When he first started going, he was very hesitant and quiet.
But just a few weeks later, he yells his HIYAHs with the best of them. I think we may have found Carter's sport (it definately wasn't soccer).
3 comments:
wow, that looks fuN!
Yea Carter!! That is so awesome ;D Soccer definitely isn't my sport either--maybe I should try karate?? Hey, Wilson needs to call Carter back--don't worry I haven't forgotten ;D
Super kick Carter! You'll have to show me first hand when we get there! I'm definitely leaning towards karate for nathan in a couple of years. We'll see. :)
Post a Comment